Full Stack Software Engineer (m/w/d)
As Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- work on a platform/tool that allows the digital creation of books which will then be printed and sent (so a main aspect will be displaying the book and creating the PDF out of it)
- work in an agile fashion with regular check-ins with the founder and a Sr fullstack developer who acts as mentor and assists the grooming and development
- work on a freelance basis for about 2 months (for now) which may be extended
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who:
- Enjoys creating software from scratch and sharing own thoughts on how it could be best done
- Enjoys working in an environment where things are not settled and may change quickly
- Is solution-focused and pragmatic
- Is always looking to learn and improve – independent self-learner who love to share what they find.
- Has 4+ years‘ experience building commercial software.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails for the back end development
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles
- Familiarity with frontend design/development tools and styling techniques (CSS, HTTP)
- Familiarity with using and building RESTful APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/Github and a collaborative workflow based on branches and PRs
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with automated PDF creation
- Familiarity with running services in the cloud
- Familiarity with container solutions
- Experience with tuning software solutions and data-store dependencies for stability/scalability
- Experience with unit and integration tests for the created code
We are a seed-stage startup that has so far validated the general business idea and is now ready to go the next step. This means building a platform/tool that supports the whole customer-journey. As you can see, the journey has just begun!